The Saga Continues

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Masta Killa Website Launch and New Album On Sale Today


CD shipping December 4th. Vinyl shipping January 2013. Limited-edition clear vinyl available for first 500 orders. Masta Killa may not be the most high-profile member of the Wu-Tang Clan, but he’s undoubtedly among the most consistent. The last original member to go solo, Killa has released two critically acclaimed albums in No Said Date and Made In Brooklyn, and has repeatedly stolen the show on recent Wu classics like Ghostface’s Fishscale, Raekwon‘s Only Built 4 Cuban Linx Pt. 2 and RZA’s Man With The Iron Fists soundtrack. Now, more than six years after the release of his last studio album, Masta Killa is back with Selling My Soul, a brand new collection. The title Selling My Soul may imply something sinister, but it has a deeper meaning for Masta Killa. “The music for this project was more in a soulful chamber,” he explains. “Anything from the inner self is a part of the soul. I put my soul into my music, and I’m in the business of selling it.” Featuring production from 9th Wonder, Mathematics, PF Cuttin, and more, Selling My Soul is a cohesive collection from an artist who doesn’t feel pressured to change his sound. “I would describe it as soul and substance,” says MK. “Soulful music and lyrics of substance.”

To celebrate the release, Masta Killa has announced a special limited-edition run of 200 autographed, hand-numbered deluxe edition box sets. Included in the box set will be: the album on CD, a full lyric book, a Selling My Soul poster, a Masta Killa wool cap, and a download card containing all three Masta Killa studio albums plus his live album. MK has also teamed up with RAW Rolling Papers to include a handful of RAW papers and an exclusive “Ooh Baby I Like It RAW” T-shirt in each deluxe box as well, paying tribute to the late Ol’ Dirty Bastard (a featured guest on Selling My Soul).

Combo (CD + LP)

Deluxe

http://mastakillamusic.com/
www.wu-international.com