The Saga Continues

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

RZA Says Wu-Tang Clan Is In Talks For Final World Tour


RZA speaks on the status of the Wu and the possibility for reuniting for a final world tour.

In less than a month, RZA will finally unleash his directorial debut The Man with the Iron Fists on the world. Now, in a recent interview with Power 105.1's The Breakfast Club via HipHopWired, the Abbot speaks on the relationship between music and movies.

RZA said that he's always seen cinema and music as having the similar driving forces behind them. He explained that even in the early days of the Wu, he was approaching every album as a kind of short film, a la Raekwon's Only Built 4 Cuban Link....

"To me, music and film have the same wavelength," he said. "A lot of people may have not comprehended that, but I'm one of the kids that did comprehend it. It all activates in the same model. When I was making Wu-Tang albums, I was actually trying to make a movie. So when you listen to it, you was like Cuban Linx..., it felt like you was getting a movie in your head. Now that I kind of rose above that I'm making physical movies with Hip Hop music sounds as a backdrop to it...that was my philosophy back then: trying to make something, you put the CD or the tape in you car, you feel like you got a littel hour movie."

RZA also addressed the status of the Wu-Tang Clan and the possibility of some form of a reunion. While a new album from the Almighty Clan may not be in order, RZA said that the members have been talking about returning for a final world tour.

"I don't know [if there will be another Wu album]," he said. "I know that the 20th year anniversary is coming up, and some of the brothers have been talking about potentially going back in, maybe do a world tour. I see like one last hurrah to close the book. 20 years is a long time for a Hip Hop artists to definitely be in the business...usually three to five years is the run and you're gone, but we've been doing what we've been doing, being successful with it, feeding our families for 20 years with it...right now, I think all the brothers are aboard. I talked to everybody, they're like, 'Yo, get it cracking, get the cash-rule correct, and bong bong.'"