The Saga Continues

Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Black Keys and RZA “The Baddest Man Alive”

RZA Breaks Down "The Man with the Iron Fists" Soundtrack


Producers: The Black Keys and RZA

RZA: “That song was actually made right before I went to China to make the movie, as far as recording the song. I was in the spirit of the movie, and before I went to go make the movie, I wanted to do some music, to get it out of my system. So me, Dan, and Pat, agreed to spend some time in the studio together, about ten days. And we did. We recorded about ten songs, and this was one of them.

“I was really proud of this particular song because I wrote it for me to sing it. But I can’t sing. Soon, but not yet. So Dan blessed it, and I did a rap verse on it of course. And when I was in editing of the film, my music supervisor came across the song, and was like, ‘Yo, let’s put this one in the movie.’ And this was the last song I wrote before I started the movie.

“So we had a scene where we thought it would fit perfectly. And we found the scene, and put it in there. And it worked so perfectly, so we had Dan and Pat kind of rework it to bring it up to date and make it sound good. And they did. And bong bong, it made it on the soundtrack. First song.”