The Saga Continues

Friday, March 16, 2012

Raekwon Says Collab Album With Notorious B.I.G. Could Have Happened




Raekwon recalls his beef with the Notorious B.I.G. and says that the two could've linked up for an LP at some point.


While Tupac Shakur and the Notorious B.I.G.'s beef may go down as the most widely recognized feuds in Hip Hop, one of Biggie's most notorious tiffs transpired between him and members of the Wu-Tang Clan. Now, in a recent interview with MTV, B.I.G.'s one-time adversary Raekwon speaks on his short-lived feud with the Brooklyn legend.


Back in 1995, Rae and his partner-in-rhyme Ghostface Killah lambasted Biggie on a skit from Only Built 4 Linx... titled "Shark Niggas (Biters)" over the similarities between the album covers of B.I.G.'s debut Ready To Die and Nas's Illmatic. Now, the Chef looks back on his past debacle, saying that he never really viewed it as a serious beef and that had Biggie not passed away, a joint album between the two of them could have happened.


“First and foremost when we all came up together it was almost like the best time in Hip Hop. And at that time we were young, we were childhood stars with a vision, at that time we all was doin’ it,” he explained. “Like I tell the world to this day, beef is something when it’s on and poppin’; competition is competition. At the end of the day, I feel like the same way he loved our music, we loved his music - don’t forget, Meth worked with him on joints...we probably would’ve did an album. That’s how I feel, because like I said we were all runnin’ neck and neck.”