The Saga Continues

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Martin Shkreli Is Selling Wu-Tang’s “Once Upon a Time in Shaolin” Album on Ebay


Remember back in December of 2015 when the mega pharmacy-douche Martin Shkreli bought the unreleased Wu-Tang album, Once Upon a Time in Shaolin, for $2 million dollars? Well it turns out that after a couple legal woes, including two counts of securities fraud and one count of conspiring to commit securities fraud, the NYC millionaire is looking to get rid of the project now.

On Tuesday, Martin started an auction for the project on Ebay, which has already reached $55,000 USD in just a few hours. With nine days left remaining to bid on the auction, Martin said he may cancel this sale at any time, and may even “break the album in frustration.” He also added that half of the sale proceeds will go to medical research in the description of the ebay post.

The full description of the Ebay post read as following:

“I decided to purchase this album as a gift to the Wu-Tang Clan for their tremendous musical output. Instead I received scorn from at least one of their (least-intelligent) members, and the world at large failed to see my purpose of putting a serious value behind music. I will be curious to see if the world values music nearly as much as I have. I have donated to many rock bands and rappers over the years to ensure they can continue to produce their art when few others would. At any time I may cancel this sale and I may even break this album in frustration. I will donate half of the sale proceeds to medical research. I am not selling to raise cash--my companies and I have record amounts of cash on hand. I hope someone with a bigger heart for music can be found for this one-of-a-kind piece and makes it available for the world to hear. Upon sale, I will represent & warranty any copies of the music I have will be destroyed. I have not carefully listened to the album, which is a double CD. There is also a finely crafted booklet which you can read about elsewhere. I will pay legal expenses for the buyer up to $25,000 to ensure the final purchase details are mutually agreeable.”

Check out the eBay post yourself right here. Hopefully the sale of this album means that we’ll finally get to hear it in the near future. Fingers crossed.