The Saga Continues

Friday, January 19, 2018

RZA's Allergies Force Him To Wear Malcolm X Style Glasses


(AllHipHop News) Wu-Tang Clan producer RZA wears glasses to protect his sensitive eyes.

The hip-hop legend prefers designer Tom Ford's frames when he's out and about, revealing he needs to shield himself from allergy-inducing debris in both indoor and outdoor settings.

"For some reason, I got the face shape that fits Tom Fords," he explained to New York Magazine. "You either catch me with the shades on or in 'the nerds' (regular eyeglasses). We call them the Malcolm X glasses in the hood. I actually have eyes that irritate easily, so I wear the glasses to keep stuff out of my eyes.

"If you see me in shades indoors, you might be like, 'RZA is wearing shades inside, what the hell is going on?' I’m protecting my eyes, and I’m looking cool. I have probably a dozen pairs."